Recondite Writing Company
1 : hidden from sight
2 : difficult or impossible for one of ordinary understanding or knowledge to comprehend
3 : of, relating to, or dealing with something little known or obscure
There are many sides to the story of the Recondite Writing Company, and current
thinking in Marxist Topology Theory is that it can only properly be
understood in 7 dimensions. As with anything, the truth is complex and
convoluted, rarely pure, never simple, often made up on the spot and
largely still classified.
What's known is this: The Company is actually a front operation for
Daniel Winterstein, an Edinburgh-based mathematician.
This site is primarily a storehouse for work from various personal projects
(including ai research, short stories, comedy e-zines, etc.).
Although it is intended for friends, it is open to everyone.
Invest in Good-Loop! We're running an open investment round over April 2018.
I think this is a good opportunity. Whatever your cheque size, you can invest
in Good-Loop's positive, ethical, and hopefully lucrative approach to advertising.
With clients including Unilever (whose CMO described working with Good-Loop as a "win-win!"),
Kit-Kat, and EuroStar, we already have impressive traction. Help us scale to the next level.
Note: As with any investment in a startup: do not invest more than you are OK losing.
- SoDash The smart social media customer service tool.
- Good-Loop Opt-in advertising for charity and better treatment of viewers.
- SoGive Charity impact analysis
- Orla / SoGrow Helping small business get started on Twitter. It's your Twitter robot monkey!
elite operations research firm. A.k.a. my company.
- My blog, Platypus Innovation
- Short stories & other scribblings
- The Bookshop Poisoning an interactive fiction game/story,
to be played in a bookshop.
- Science columns from The Scotsman.
- Chanukah e-cards:
- Morning Fist the voice of the revolution. Note: in dubious taste.
- Some photos being a small random selection of photos, not representative of anything, that I scanned in at the some point for some reason, no longer known.
- Personality Questionnaire discover who you really are
- Cryptic crosswords - I also maintain a Twitter stream of Cryptic crossword clues.
- Edinburgh Festival Reviews Enjoy the
festival vicariously from the comfort of your own city via my job with
- Fellow Travellers
- Happy Birthday guitar/flute music An aide memoire for myself which turns out to be the most popular page on this site with 1,000s of hits a month.
- Academic research: is mostly available on ResearchGate
Contact Details -
(please feel free to copy the spam-blocking trick used here)
How to find me on the web (obviously you know
how, but you'd be surprised at how some of your fellow web-surfers
washed up here.)
The views expressed here are not necessarily those of the AI Department, and no guarantee is offerred, explicit or implied, on their validity as the foundations of a sane and just society.
Over 5,000 visitors per month.